WMISD Curriculum Review Process
Wexford-Missaukee has a rich history of commitment in working together (ISD and Local Districts – Cadillac, Lake City, Manton, Marion, Mesick, McBain, & Pine River) to plan, share and enhance curriculum through a collaborative Curriculum Task Force that meets monthly.
The Cycle for Curriculum Development, shown below, provides a systematic procedure to study existing curriculum areas and programs relative to the Michigan Curriculum Framework.
- Disaggregate & Analyze Student Data (Illuminate)
- Develop an Instructional Calendar in Core Subjects (Pacing Guides)
- Deliver an Instructional Focus, based on the Calendar (Instructional Units)
- Assess Student Mastery of Standards Taught (Quarterly Assessments)
- Provide additional instruction for students who did not master the standards (MTSS)
- Provide enrichment for students who have mastered the standards (Instructional Units)
- Provide ongoing maintenance of standards taught (Curriculum Review & Revise)
- Monitor the progress by using classroom walkthroughs, learning logs, and grade level meetings (Collaborative Team Resources)