Wexford-Missaukee Early College
What is Early College?
The Wexford-Missaukee Early College (WMEC) is a tuition-free, 3-year early college program serving students who are registered full-time in public school districts participating in the Wexford-Missaukee Career Technical Center.
Students extend high school by one year and follow a specific integrated sequence of high school and college courses, the Program of Study, during grades 11-13 while attending CTC and the college campus. There is no out-of-pocket cost to students and their families for tuition, books, and fees during the 3-year program. Students can earn up to an Associate Degree or Certificate in the outlined pathways.
The WMEC partners with Baker College of Cadillac, West Shore Community College, and Northwestern Michigan College.
How Do I Apply?
- Students can apply to the WMEC beginning in the spring of their 10th grade year.
- Students must meet with their high school guidance counselor to submit application materials.
Who Can Apply?
- Students must meet the WMEC GPA requirements listed in the table below. GPA must be based on a minimum of 3 high school semesters.
- Qualifying PSAT scores can be used in place of GPA if accepted the by the college partner.
- Students must be registered full time in a public high school participating with CTC.
- Students must be enrolled in the same WMEC aligned CTC program for the junior and senior year.
- Students must have permission from their public high school to enroll in the WMEC.
|Post-Secondary Partner||GPA||PSAT Reading/Writing||PSAT Math|
|Baker College of Cadillac||2.80||460||510|
|West Shore Community College||2.80||460||510|
|Northwestern Michigan College||3.30||Not Accepted||Not Accepted|
How Much Does it Cost?
- There is no out of pocket cost to students and their families for tuition, books, or fees during the 3 year program.
- Students who have not completed their Associate Degree/Certificate at the end of the 13th year can continue on at their own cost.
- The WMEC does not pay for coursework that must be repeated for any reason.
Where Are the Classes?
- During the junior and senior year, WMEC students spend half the day at their local public high school and half the day at CTC.
- During the 13th year, WMEC students attend classes on the college campus. Students are responsible for transportation to the college campus in the 13th year.
Aligned CTC Programs and Post-Secondary Partners
Baker College of Cadillac
- Allied Health – Associate in General Studies with a Health Focus or Medical Assistant Certificate
- Business Management Administration – Associate of Business Degree Business Administration
- Building Business and Marketing – Associate of Business Degree Business Administration
- Computers, Networking, and Electronics Technology – Associate in General Studies with an Information Technology Focus
- Manufacturing Technology – Associate of Applied Science in Mechatronics
- Public Safety – Associate of Applied Science Degree Criminal Justice
West Shore Community College
- Computers, Networking, and Electronics Technology – Associate of Applied Arts and Sciences in Networking Services
- Manufacturing Technology – Precision Machining Technology Certificate or Associate Degree
- Metal Fabrication and Welding – Welding Certificate or Associate Degree
Northwestern Michigan College
- Computers, Networking, and Electronics Technology – Associate of Applied Science Degree Engineering Technology
Mrs. Meghan Howell, Early College Coordinator (231-876-4804) email@example.com